Learn Best Practices for Report Writing at University and Business in Uganda. Every Workplace Needs to Empower Staff to Improve Their Skills in Business Writing and Better Understand Workplace and Academic Reports. Learn how to improve your report writing skills with Houston Executive Consulting.
Effective Report Writing is one of the most important Business Fundamentals. We train staff to Gain a practical grounding in reporting to boost personal effectiveness, save time and reduce workplace stress levels.
Our facilitators ensure that you learn to apply the basics of effective written communication in a workplace situation. Whether an employer or worker in any business setting, you will need the best of communication using written letters, summaries, emails and reports.
This practical training course offers you critical knowledge about the complexities of modern written communication in organizations. Participants will have the opportunity to develop and practice their written, and digital communication techniques in a range of simulated workplace situations as well as through group discussions.
The Business Communications Training program will sharpen your writing skills, and interpersonal communication skills that are all important for you to succeed in the business world. Through expert facilitators, you will learn quite a range of successful practices and guidelines that have been derived from both experience and data collection (research).
You will be introduced to the fundamental techniques to effectively and succinctly articulate your ideas to a diverse range of audiences to ensure they understand even to simplify most complex messages into well written reposts.
Using Good with Words in Writing and Editing. If you want to add style and sophistication to your legal writing or any other written piece, this is an ideal place to start. Learn why word choice and order are essential to the writing process.
On this course, you’ll see how the words you use change the meaning, tone, and effect of what you write. You’ll be able to choose the right words, and add the right compelling details, to inspire the results you want in your readers.
Use strategic syntax in all your writing. You’ll find out how sentence structure influences the decisions people make, and how to produce structures that no one else can write. The course will also help you develop your writing skills so that you can arrange complex legal and other information in unique, reader-friendly ways.
Hone your writing skills with exceptional wordsmiths. The lead educator on this course has extensive experience in legal writing, and has received several accolades for his work. With this guidance and the strong expert support that the Houston Executive Consulting provides, you’ll soon reach your writing potential.
Upon successful completion of this training program, participants (learners) will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Understand how to communicate with diverse audiences
- Create a variety of effective and written supporting business documents to better communicate
- Critically evaluate your role in workplace interactions
- Build sound and logical arguments using the best evidence available
- Evaluate the typical expectations of writing for business courses
- Explain the structure of a typical business report
- Present yourself in an appropriate academic/professional style of writing
What topics will you cover?
- Essentials of report writing
- Structuring a report
- Choosing an appropriate style for the end users
- The structure and format of workplace and academic business reports
- Developing an appropriate style of writing
- Diagnostic/formative writing task
- Various formats for e-mails/memos/business reports
- Editing and proofing techniques
- Time saving techniques in report writing
- Learning to include what the end-users would want to read, retaining crucial information and omitting unnecessary details
- Guidelines to effective written communication
- Write appropriately for your audience
- Edit and revise your work
- Best approaches to formatting documents
- Writing persuasive documents using the FACE structure
This course is designed for corporate organizations and individuals who want to gain a better understanding of writing. It is structured to enhance understanding of business reports with case studies from business, college or university.
Learn how to improve your report writing skills. During this training, you’ll have the opportunity to improve your professional and academic report writing ability. You will also reflect on your previous experience of writing reports with effective examples of workplace and academic reporting. We shall help you to consider the organization, style, and audience of these business and academic reports and assess their structure and purpose.