Meet Our Team of Strategic Planning Consultants That Help Organizations Create and Execute Better Strategies.
We work to Identify Specific Areas in Your Business That Are Holding You Back, Present the Options Available to You, And Plan the Best Course of Action Together. For us, Strategic Planning is about answering the three questions:
- Where are we now?
- Where do we want to get to?
- How are we going to get there?
We can guide you to develop clear objectives for your business, building on your strengths and overcoming your weaknesses. We are Uganda’s Leading Strategic Planning Consultants you can trust.
Through a series of planning sessions, we can go through the Strategic Planning Process Steps:
At Houston Executive consulting, this is the method that organizations use to develop plans to achieve overall, long-term goals.
The strategic planning process is broader—it helps you create a roadmap for which strategic objectives you should put effort into achieving and which initiatives will be less helpful to the business. The strategic planning process steps are outlined below:
- Determine your strategic position.
- Prioritize your objectives.
- Develop a strategic plan.
- Execute and manage your plan.
- Review and revise the plan.
Our approach follows a well-designed strategic planning program covering all dimensions like marketing, operations, human resource management, and finance, all aiming to unlock the potential within your business.
- Greater control over your future
- A clearer succession plan
- Increased freedom from your business
- A higher return on your investment, or increased revenue
- Improved team morale and productivity
Strategic Plan Review
A review of a strategic plan forms a mark on progress toward the realization of the vision as an organization.
It also gives you that amazing opportunity to realign your endeavors especially when it comes to the changing circumstances.
It enables you to continue to encounter and to ensure that your plan continues to drive the entire team towards the organizational strategic goals.
Our work is to facilitate focused discussion sessions with the Board and Management staff in the review of values, vision and mission statements, goals and objectives, activities, resources, assigned responsibilities, policy development as applicable, and a schedule and timelines for measurable progress and accomplishment.
Why Does Your Organization Need A Strategic Plan?
- Strategic planning is important to an organization because it provides a sense of direction and outlines measurable goals.
- Strategic planning is a tool that is useful for guiding day-to-day decisions and also for evaluating progress and changing approaches when moving forward.
- To make the most of strategic planning, your company should give careful thought to the strategic objectives it outlines, and then back up these goals with realistic, thoroughly researched, quantifiable benchmarks for evaluating results.
Houston Executive Consulting’s expertise as a strategic planning consultant includes strategic planning facilitation, strategy design, implementation, and ongoing performance management that have helped her influence and grow organizations.
Useful Statistics in Strategic Planning
- 95% of a company’s employees are unaware of or do not understand its strategy
- 90% of companies do a poor job executing their strategy
- 85% of executive leadership teams spend less than one hour per month discussing their unit’s strategy, with 50% spending no time at all
- 60% of organizations don’t link their financial budgets to strategic priorities
- 99% of companies don’t have a Most Important Goal – MIG
Key Skills We Use for Developing Strategic Plans
- Competitor analysis
- Strategic capabilities
- Tangible and intangible organizational skills
- PESTLE framework
- Macroeconomic and macroenvironmental analysis
- Decision making
- Corporate strategy
- SWOT analysis
- Business strategy
- Business development
We Have Built Our Understanding of Strategic Planning Essentials
Strategic choices are integral to the successful running of a business and should be undertaken at a variety of levels.
Our experts know to make plans at all three levels: Corporate level strategy (the foundational questions of what you want to achieve), business unit level strategy (how you’ll compete), and market-level strategy (how to grow your business).
Some of our Strategic Planning Consulting Experts
Dr. Alfred Wamurubu
Alfred listens well and deeply for the key insights that are the foundation for high-impact strategies. He balances keeping the big picture in focus with getting strategic plans in place so that clients’ teams can reach goals.
Alfred has worked with B-to-B and B-to-C brands in Uganda mostly in, financial services, high-tech, and tourism industries. He’s particularly proud of his non-profit work with both profit and non-profit organizations across East Africa.
Read more about his profile here
Robert is always looking at the bigger picture. His ability to step back, assess, and analyze how things fit together strategically is one of the reasons he is one of our senior strategic planning consultants. He has a proven record of helping executives in organizations both profit and nonprofit organizations envision their strategic potential.
Robert has experience in revenue recognition and brand development for organizations ranging from startup, venture-backed, and publicly traded. His versatility and background give him the versatility to help our clients find solutions to the complex problems they face.
Read more about his profile here
Ready to Build Your Business Strategy? Let’s Talk!