Capacity-building is defined as the process of developing and strengthening the skills, instincts, abilities, processes, and resources that organizations and communities need to survive, adapt, and thrive in a fast-changing world.
At the heart of the services we offer is our Capacity Building; a core service that provides our clients with training, guidance, advice, and information, that will help them better deliver quality public services and initiatives.
We empower Organizations to manage the process by which they obtain, improve, and retain the skills, knowledge, tools, equipment, and other resources needed to do their jobs competently or to a greater capacity.
Our capacity building services mostly cover but are not limited to the following:
- Monitoring and evaluation – assistance in data collection and handling to determine project and organizational impact
- Advice on Fundraising– we assist in identifying revenue streams, and point-by-point feedback on draft proposals with detailed comments and/or suggestions.
- Engagement – improving your organization’s capability to effectively engage with specific user groups.
- Governance – assistance with trustees and organizational control.
- Organizational development – Assistance with developing and implementing procedures/policies (e.g. health, safety, environment, security recruitment, etc.).
- Planning – assistance in organizational and project planning (for example SWOT analysis).
Other Common Types of Capacity Building Activities include;
- Leadership and Board Development
- Business Planning and Development
- Information Technology
- Marketing (research, promotions)
- Program Design
- Quality Management
- Staffing (selection, development)
- Strategic Planning
- Team Building
- Collaboration Planning
- Conflict Resolution
- Financial Management
For organizations, capacity-building activities may focus on shoring up sustainability, improving governance, supporting collaboration, or strengthening infrastructure.
All have a common goal: Strengthening the skills, resources, and abilities that allow an organization and its workers to grow and thrive