We have professionals who provides expert advice and guidance to organizations and individuals seeking to conduct research or analyze data. They may work in a variety of fields, including market research, social sciences, and healthcare, among others.
We can help you to design research studies, collect and analyze data, and produce reports summarizing their findings. We also provide guidance on statistical analysis and research methodology, as well as offer insights and recommendations based on their expertise.
We ensure the accuracy of all our data collection which is essential to maintaining the integrity of research.
We are a research agency that specializes in collecting, analyzing, and providing insights into various types of data and information. Our main goal is to conduct research on behalf of our clients and help them make informed decisions about their businesses, products, services, and markets.
We employ a variety of research methods, such as surveys, interviews, data analysis, and market studies, to gather information and generate valuable insights. At Houston Executive Consulting, we are dedicated to providing quality research services that can help our clients achieve their goals.
Here Are Some Key Functions and Services Offered by Houston Executive Consulting:
- Market Research: Houston Executive Consulting assesses market conditions, consumer preferences, and competitive landscapes to help clients understand market trends and opportunities.
- Consumer Research: We conduct surveys, focus groups, and other methods to gather data on consumer behavior, opinions, and preferences.
- Industry Analysis: Houston Executive Consulting provides in-depth analysis of specific industries, including market size, growth potential, and key players.
- Data Collection: We gather and compile data from various sources, such as government agencies, public records, and proprietary databases.
- Data Analysis: Houston Executive Consulting uses statistical and analytical techniques to interpret data and draw meaningful conclusions.
- Competitive Intelligence: We help clients track and analyze the activities and strategies of competitors. We can also do a Market Entry and Expansion Strategy. Houston Executive Consulting can assist businesses in entering new markets or expanding their existing market presence by providing relevant data and insights.
- Product Development: We can evaluate the potential success of new products or services through research and feedback from target audiences.
We can carry out other types of research for;
- Statistical Purposes,
- Policy and Advocacy Purposes,
- Public Health,
- Market Research for Business and Communication
- University Education,
We are based in Kampala, Uganda’s Capital & the Leading Research Business. We provide contract research services to comply with standards and regulations.
Our research team is very experienced with excellent suggestions about data collection tools and how to get the best information from respondents.
Our Company has a far-reaching understanding of business-to-business research, public policy, and consumer products & services.
Our techniques have proved successful for many profitmaking, academic, and government clients, for we have delivered excellence in projects that require high-end tailored attention and high standards of quality which you may never find anywhere else.
Our research capabilities include but are not limited to;
- Data Analysis (Processing) Services
- Telephone Surveys
- Mail Surveys and Online/Web Surveys
The Research Process
At Houston Executive Consulting we understand the steps necessary to successfully carry out a research project. The research process and the different phases involved in research planning are important for us in executing thorough research or study.
The six steps of research include:
- Identifying the area of study
- Choosing the topic
- Formulating a research plan
- Collecting data
- Analyzing the data
- Writing up the study (report)
Our Data Collection Methods
We use two categories of Data collection methods i.e. secondary methods of data collection and primary methods of data collection.
Secondary Data Collection Methods
We employ this to the data that has already been published either in books or other platforms like magazines, daily newspapers, journals, etc.
We believe in the usefulness of the abundance of data available in these sources about all the research areas which may be business studies, sociology, academic, or let’s say regardless of the nature of the research area. To us, secondary data plays an important role in terms of increasing the levels of research validity and reliability.
Primary Data Collection Methods
This can be divided into two groups: quantitative and qualitative.
Quantitative data collection methods are based on the systematic empirical investigation of observable phenomena via a statistical, mathematical, or computational technique
Qualitative studies are intended to ensure a greater level of depth of understanding of the subject under investigation. We look at Qualitative research as a scientific method of observation to gather non-numerical data.
We also focus on meaning-making through interviews, questionnaires with open-ended questions, focus groups, observation, game or role-playing, case studies, etc.
Data Collection Tools with Data Gathering Strategies:
We use several devices/instruments to collect data, such as a paper questionnaire or a computer-assisted interviewing system. Case Studies, Checklists, Interviews, Observation sometimes, and Surveys or Questionnaires are all tools used to collect data.
The most popular web tools and data collection mobile apps include:
Survey CTO is a reliable, secure, and scalable mobile data collection app for researchers and professionals. This app expanded on the Open Data Kit (ODK) software to increase its scale, utility, and power.
This helps us with many things we need to create the best surveys. We have access to survey templates that speak to customers, employees, or your target audience. We also select from expert-written sample questions to include in your surveys. With this tool, we can score your surveys to estimate their success rates with SurveyMonkey Genius.
KoBoToolbox is a suite of tools for field data collection for use in challenging environments. The software is free and open-source. It is mostly deployed when working in humanitarian environments, as well as aid professionals and researchers working in areas in the countryside.
General Scope of Research Work
Our Research team is expected to work in consultation with the client team in designing, developing, and implementing research projects. The following key components are envisioned in most of our research assignments:
Inception Report to include:
- Stakeholder Consultations: We will conduct an estimated number of consultation meetings with selected stakeholders Supported by the client team to identify relevant persons who can provide background information on the subject of study.
- Design, development, and finalization of the research methodology: In consultation with the client team and with substantial input by our lead consultants, we build capacity on research methodologies, best suited to meet research objectives.
- Development of research protocol: The research team will develop a research protocol, including a confidentiality form for the research, to facilitate the process of implementing the Project in an effective, culturally appropriate, gender-sensitive, and ethical manner.
- Literature Review: With guidance from the lead consultant, the research team divides the literature review amongst themselves by reviewing all written documents and providing a summary. These may be Research reports done by government, civil- society, non-government, and international organizations; as Legal and policy documents.
- Outline of Final Report: The lead research consultant will also produce the outline for the final report that will contain at least the following: An executive Summary of the research findings: Purpose of the research, methodology used, findings, recommendations), Background, Key findings, Recommendations and Annexes, Tools used, survey instrument, List of stakeholders consulted/interviewed and sites visited, Confidential agreement signed by the respondents).
- Implementation of The Research Project Itself : The lead research consultant will manage and oversee the process of data collection
- Data Analysis and Reporting: The lead research consultant will produce a first draft report including recommendations, based on the analysis of the data in close consultation with his team of researchers.
- Data validation: In most cases, we use a half-day validation workshop organized by the client to obtain feedback from relevant stakeholders. The lead research consultant will draft the agenda, develop the presentation, and present the findings.
- Final report: Our lead researcher will be responsible for producing the final report, with substantial contributions from the team of researchers.
- Dissemination Workshops: The client may coordinate the logistics for any other dissemination workshops in any other geographical or regional offices to share the results and get feedback on the recommendations of the research project.
Our team comprises of highly educated professionals who possess many years of experience in market research, social science, and academic research. We specialize in data collection, analysis, and report writing, and have published numerous research papers and reports.
Our team is well-versed in implementing research methodologies, including both quantitative and qualitative data collection methods. All members of our team have previously worked as part of a research team and have experience collaborating with international researchers on international research projects. We are dedicated to providing personalized service, are well-trained, and are flexible in meeting our clients’ research needs.
We have Experts in Data collection who are familiar with the process of gathering and measuring information on targeted variables. We have experience with established systems, which enable them to answer relevant questions and evaluate the outcomes of any research intervention.