While working in any job and at any organization, it is easy to tell when we are performing at our best.
Training courses in performance management are geared towards streamlining the performance management process by helping participants improve their communication, goal-setting, motivation, and appraisal skills to achieve the best possible.
To understand how you and your team are performing, you can look at your data, and metrics like engagement, customer satisfaction, and great profitability can give you an indication of performance. More still high performing team has good connections and a high level of trust.
This training course will combine business theory and real-workplace insights to teach you the skills you need to better lead people and teams within your organization.
By the end of the training program, we would like our participants to have “people skills” including motivation, communication, conflict management, team dynamics, and the development of a healthy organizational culture.
These rank among the most challenging competencies for both new managers and experienced leaders. Our experienced facilitators will challenge you to understand your followers on a deeper level, and also help you to reflect and improve on your leadership practice.
The Training on Performance Management and Appraisal aims to explore the set of processes that aim to maintain and improve employee performance. The aim is to ensure that all employees contribute positively to business objectives.
What you’ll learn
- Develop more effective ways of dealing with and resolving workplace conflicts.
- Develop a work culture that brings out the best in others.
- How to better motivate, engage, and develop a team of followers.
- Improve your skill in recognizing, doing a diagnosis, and transforming dysfunctional teams.
By the end of this training seminar, participants will be able to:
- Design, develop and implement a strategy-based performance management action plan that aligns to sustaining a high-performance culture and optimal financial business outcomes
- Identify and build core behaviors required in performance planning
- Commit to and promote sound performance management principles
- Understand how motivation in the workplace can produce expected results from your employees
- Learn proven ways to reward and sustain excellent performance
- Ensure that all team members are united and dedicated to their goals
- Manage expectations on how staff’s progress will be measured
- Provide useful constructive feedback and continuous coaching for results
- Adequately prepare for the performance review
- Develop, contribute and sustain a High-Performance Culture
This training course is designed to encourage maximum contribution by all participants. This will include the suggestion of ideas and theories to the participants and encourage them to test out the ideas using group work discussion, exercises, and feedback.
At the end of each day, the participants will be completing their records of what has been learned and considering how the ideas might be transferred back to the workplace.
As a result of attending this Performance Management training course, the organization will benefit by:
- The performance of all Leader’s will be improved
- Value-added to the department and the organization as a whole
- Higher engagement of employees with the organization
- Committed to building a high-performance culture and organization
- The behavior will be aligned with an organization’s strategic objectives and cultural values
- Implementation of key performance management strategies for sustained results
As a direct result of attending this training course, you will:
- Implement effective performance management
- Improve confidence and self-assurance in dealing with all types of performance issues
- Have a higher awareness of the performance appraisal as a positive and motivating influence on performance
- Apply best practices in discipline and performance improvement planning
- Have more excellent knowledge of their own beliefs and limitations related to employee performance
- Positively influence high performance throughout the organization
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This HOUSTON EXECUTIVE CONSULTING training course is a suitably wide range of professionals but will significantly benefit:
- Human Resource
- Employment Relations
- Personnel Staff
- All Line Managers
- Team Leaders
- Learning & Development
- Training Officers
- Supervisors who are or will be accountable for the use and application of performance management and appraisal techniques
Introduction to Performance Management
- The Context and Business Case for Performance Management
- Strategic and Integrated Performance Management
- The Importance of Establishing a Culture of High Performance
- The Principles and Building Blocks of Effective Performance Management
- The Role of HR and Leaders within Performance Management
- Motivational Theories, Models and their Role in Performance Management
- The Psychological Contract in Practice
Performance Management: Setting Performance Objectives
- What are the performance objectives?
- Key Elements of Performance Objectives – SMART
- The Importance of Agreeing to Objectives
- Quantitative and Qualitative Objectives
- Developing SMARTT Objectives
- Setting Objectives
- Achieving Holistic Organization Integration – Vertical, Horizontal, and Functional
Performance Management: Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- What are KPIs?
- Significance of Performance Objectives and KPIs
- Developing the Best KPIs for Your Organization
- Designing KPIs that Matter
- The Value of the Balanced Scorecard (BSC)
- The Purpose of Employee Appraisal
- Managing Challenges with the Employee Appraisal
Performance Management: Managing Performance
- Monitoring Employee Performance with Ongoing Review
- Addressing the Performance Gap – Proven Approaches to Solving Performance Problems
- Managing a Performance Problem
- Improving Attendance at Work – Resolving Absences and Sick Absences
- Agreeing with the Performance Appraisal Rating
- Performance Appraisal and the Link to Rewards and Recognition
- Benchmarked Performance Appraisal Methods
Impact of Positive and Constructive Feedback and Coaching
- Optimal Feedback Models to Provide Constructive and Developmental Feedback
- Impact of Giving and Receiving Useful Feedback
- Coaching for Effective Performance
- Continuing Professional Development: Personal Development Planning (PDP)
- Review, Summary, and Final Evaluation
During the performance management training, we share practical steps to help managers get started with forming high-performing teams.
Leading High-Performing Teams is every manager’s desire and that’s why we created this unique training to prepare team leaders to be able to motivate, engage and empower people to build effective and high-performing teams.
Our training sessions will enable you to understand the psychology of job satisfaction to improve motivation at work by letting you explore the connections between attitudes, motivation, job satisfaction, wellbeing, stress, and performance at work.
We shall also look closely at the humanist ideas of management that emphasize the importance of motivations.
Performance Management is ensuring that the employee and the organization are focused and aligned towards strategic priorities.
This Houston Executive Consulting Performance Management training course will show you how to integrate Performance Objectives, Critical Success Factors, and Key Performance Indicators into a performance management system applied by a highly skilled leadership, managerial, and supervisory team.
This will enable the top-performing companies to not only develop future and existing leaders but also formulate robust performance management processes. This includes regular performance reviews and detailed appraisals, merit-based reward and recognition, staff development aligned with business needs, and defensible approaches to low or non-performance.
Managers need to customize their strategies to each staff, whether developing stretched goals for over-performers or dealing with difficult and or low-performing staff.
The correct design and usage of SMART objectives also enable the requisite to follow through and play an integral part in any performance management system.
It is developed after extensive research and is aligned to global best practices and benchmarks. This training course will also prove invaluable for experienced leaders who want to build their skills to the next level, and for managers who have had no formal experience or training with regards to managing performance.