Improve your knowledge of entrepreneurship and discover how to plan, develop, nurture, and build a successful business.
Learn key business skills, from pitching your idea to writing a vision statement
In this course, you’ll enhance your understanding of business and improve your skills in entrepreneurship for university study and work.
You’ll develop yourself as an entrepreneur by learning how to approach key stages of entrepreneurship, from coming up with a business idea to writing a business plan.
Using case studies of local businesses and entrepreneurship in the East African region, you’ll learn how to apply business concepts and ideas to different contexts.
You’ll also practice pitching your business ideas and learn about developing your enterprise within an entrepreneurship ecosystem
What topics will you cover?
Habits of Excellence & Converting a Business Idea to Action
- How to understand yourself as an entrepreneur, and create a self-development plan
- Sources of business ideas and inspiration
- The business idea and how to develop it, including the business model canvas; the minimum viable product; the value of having a mentor; resource requirements; raising finance
- Pitching skills and tips; communication and language skills
- The Entrepreneurial Ecosystem, including leadership and management; using feedback for development; family business models; working in a team; customer service; networking’ marketing basics.
- Putting plans into action: the action plan, thinking long term about your enterprise, and using resources for continuous development.
Innovation and Enterprise
- Insights into the habits of successful innovators
- Recognizing different forms of innovation
- Idea-generation and evaluation techniques
- How to network, influence, and pitch your ideas effectively
Understanding Your Entrepreneurial Potential
- Conceptualizing innovation and entrepreneurship
- The importance of innovation and entrepreneurship in a business context
- Social value creation
- New venture creation
- Intrapreneurship (corporate venturing)
- Social entrepreneurship
Demystifying Business Models
- Explain business model theory and foundations
- Key tools for business models development
- Practical examples of successful business models
- Insights in the business models components value creation, value delivery, and value capture
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you ‘ll be able to…
- Explain the different characteristics of an entrepreneur
- Describe how you have come to know yourself better, and the role that you and your enterprise can play in wider society
- Develop ideas from many different sources of inspiration and decide on a suitable idea to take forward to develop for this course
- Improve an entrepreneurial idea to express more detail, including your business structure, target customer, and resource requirements
- Summarise your vision and mission statement for your enterprise
- Identify how you might raise finance to develop your enterprise and develop your pitching skills to acquire finance and/or sales
- Explore your action plan for the future, thinking about the importance of short-term and longer future planning. Test your idea as a minimum viable product
- Produce your own self-development plan. Recognize, appreciate, and apply many different forms of feedback and resources in your entrepreneurial journey
Who is the course for?
This course is of interest to anyone looking to start their own business and develop their knowledge of entrepreneurship.
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to be more entrepreneurial in their own life or business. Either a student interested in making a career from your talents or a manager looking to introduce more innovation to your organization.
It will be helpful for those looking to improve their communication skills in a business setting
This course is also aimed at anyone interested in innovation and enterprise in the modern world, but maybe of particular interest to students who are looking to develop their transferable skills for the workplace and general day-to-day life.
Discover and analyze successful business models before developing your own
Business models are key to long-term business success and as an entrepreneur, you must use yours to its full potential. In this course, you’ll learn from the ground up what business models are, why you need one, and exactly how to create one.
You’ll be introduced to an array of different types of business models, as well as examples of tools that will help you build your business model.
Discover business management tools for building a business model. After exploring the foundations of business models and how they’re used to make a business successful, you’ll be introduced to various tools and techniques you can use to create a business model.
You’ll be set practical tasks and have the chance to discuss with and learn from other learners on the course, sharing your business concepts and models with your fellow students.
Build essential skills for starting a business. If you’re getting ready to start your own business or you want to develop the business in a company you’re working at, this course will develop your knowledge of successful entrepreneurship and help you build necessary business development skills.
Learning from the experience of inspiring and successful entrepreneurs in tourism, you’ll benefit from the latest research, examples, and tools for business model development
Reflect on and develop your entrepreneurial approach to work. Taking an entrepreneurial approach to work can be useful in a range of contexts, not just starting your own company.
This course will challenge your ideas about entrepreneurship and innovation and demonstrate how you can adopt an entrepreneurial mindset to benefit yourself and others. You will explore different ways to approach innovation and entrepreneurship in the workplace. You will also identify your own entrepreneurial strengths and consider how you can apply them to create economic and social value.
This Training takes 1 Week with 3 Contact Classes, Online Learning, and Business Planning Assignments
Cost for The Course
USD 270 or UGX 1 Million
Who will you learn with?
His Main Interests Are Business Innovation, Entrepreneurship, And Creativity. Robert Is A Business Consultant in Business Growth and Entrepreneurship. He is the Learning and Development Specialist and Chief Talent Officer at Houston Executive Consulting. Being A Multiskilled Professional, He Is Also the Content Designer (Web Editor), And SEO Consultant at Geotech ICT Consulting – Uganda.
Who Developed the Course?
Houston Executive Consulting
Houston Executive Consulting, Established In 2019 And the Leading Provider of Cost-Effective Professional Services in Uganda Including Training, HR Services, Research and Data Collection, Strategic Planning and Tax Compliance Advisory Services.