For a profitable business tired of losing tenders because of limited tender writing skills, Houston Executive Consulting can help you!
With our Training on Bid and Tender Management Skills in Uganda, you learn preparation, documentation, and delivery of competitive bid documents. Maximize your chances to be successful at tendering.
Unlike other training programs you have attended before, this is a practical one where we look at and tender and bid documents with an expert facilitator in contract management and procurement.
The ability to write a competitive and strong tender submission requires preparation, planning, and time.
Get expert advice from the receiving end of the bid documents and get to know what exactly they are looking for when preparing any tender advertisement and award procedure.
With our two-day training, you can write your winning tenders by learning from Our expert tender team, comprised of experienced professional trainers.
Our training has been developed by our certified trainers with adult learning techniques and vast experience delivering training courses working with facilitators on procurement, bid management, and tender preparation topics.
For your business to grow you need to continue winning big contracts most of which are awarded through fulfilling all the requirements of a public procurement process.
For that reason, you need knowledge and skills in interpreting tender specifications; developing appropriate activities and methodologies to meet those specifications.
Learn how to estimate financial, human, and physical resources needs; and preparing a detailed submission that demonstrates and markets the capacity and capability to achieve the specified tender requirements.
We would like your team to have the competency for formatting and lodging the final submission to the potential client within designated timelines.
A critical outcome of this training is a demonstrated capacity to translate the tender specifications into a clearly defined methodology that encompasses innovative ideas and to develop a budget as part of the tender submission.
By the end of the training program, participants will be able to plan, develop and submit competitive bidding documents.
- Providers of Consulting Services
- Providers Banking and Insurance Services
- Providers of Hotel Services, Banqueting and Conference Facilities, Accommodation & Catering Services
- Suppliers of Construction Materials, Civil Engineering Works, Architecture, Road Works, etc.
- Suppliers of Fuel, Lubricants and Petroleum Products
- Providers of ICT equipment and accessories installations and networking (computers, printers, etc.) Plus, Consumables like tonner and cartridge
- Suppliers of Office Furniture, Fittings, office equipment, and tools
- Providers of Electrical Equipment and Accessories plus Air Conditioning
- Suppliers of Fire Fighting Equipment and Spares
- Supply and Maintenance Providers of Generators and Solar
- Motor Vehicle and Motor Cycle Companies
- Providers of Security Services, Gadgets, and Protective Wear
- Suppliers of Assorted Office Stationery
- Others like Media, Advertising, Transportation, Courier, Printing, Clearing and Forwarding, Events Management, Cleaning, Surveying, Real Estate, Human Health, and Social Work Activities
The training brings together several professional figures, including:
- Procurement Directors
- Business Owners / Managing Directors
- Supplier Managers
- Supply Chain Consultants
- Buyers / Senior Buyers
- Operations Directors, Operations Managers
- Finance Managers
- Project Managers
- Operations Managers
- Executive Directors
- General Managers
- Divisional Heads
- Project Directors
- Project Engineers
- Project and Team Leaders
- Anyone responsible for or involved in Supplier Relationship Management
This training is also suitable for Small Business Owners, industry regulators/licensing authorities, government agencies, members of professional associations, external consultants, accounting/finance personnel, and others who would like to prepare winning bids moving forward.
Introduction to bids and tendering
- What is Bidding and Tendering all about?
- What makes a good Bid?
- From requirements to a specification
Understanding the Tender Statement of Requirements – Sourcing the right tenders
· Understanding an Invitation to Tender (ITT)
· What’s in a name –, ITT, RFP, RFQ, and RFI
· Understanding the contents of a good ITT
· Starting with the end in mind – evaluation criteria
The Procurement Guidelines
- How to Analyze Tender Specifications – The Bid/No Bid Decision Process
- Understanding General and Special Conditions of Tender Contract
- Viability to Undertake Required Work Is Assessed Against Tender Specifications and Organizational and/or Individual Operational Capacities and Capabilities
- How to Conduct Risk Assessment to Anticipated Outcomes per Organizational and Legal Requirements
- How to Interpret Relevant Legislative Requirements Within the Parameters of the Tender Requirements Like Occupational Safety and Health, Licensing, etc.
How Plan Tender Content Based On:
- Specific timelines, stages, activities, and deliverables
- Physical and human resources required (Tender Team & Qualifications)
- How to prepare Financial Costings per organizational requirements, and a proposed budget (with assistance from others, if required)
Writing Contents of the Tender Bid/Proposal
- Using Business Technology to Present Information in A Format That Markets Capabilities
- How to Write a Tender Submission/Proposal That Addresses Specific Tender Criteria and Conditions Outlining Organizational Capabilities
- Preparing Materials and Making a Presentation & de-briefing to a Client to Support the Bid, Where Required
Getting the Final Stages Consistently Right
- How to Align Documents That Must Not Miss [Get Templates Tailored to Your Industry]
- How to Review [(proofread, format) Bid (Proposal and Supporting Documents)] to Ensure Accuracy and Effectiveness in Meeting Tender Specifications
- Envelopes and Branding
- Checklist to Follow Before Sealing a Tender Bid Documents
- Sealing and Delivering the Bid
- How to write a bid securing declaration
- Understanding Bid Security Amounts
- What exactly happens when you submit your bid
- Longlisting and shortlisting
- Weighting and scoring – keep it simple!
- What is e-tendering and how does it work?
- Responding to an e-tender
The program will include a series of group exercises and case studies with a high level of delegate interaction.
Participants will receive the following after the training:
- Soft Copy of Government of Uganda’s Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act, 2003
- Useful Templates
- Standard Notes
FEES AND DISCOUNTS
UGX 990,000 per participant to cover facilitation, certificate, hotel facilities, handouts, lunch, AM & PM teas, and follow-up for each participant. Get a discount of 15% Discount by sending at least 5 of your staff.Confirm Participation through a call or email to; email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn how to do business with the government plus registration and getting listed in the major supplier databases from which government sources its provider of assortments of products and services. You will be taken through the basic requirements your company must have to qualify.
This training will help suppliers & many companies to win millions worth of new business. Register today and increase your chances in the competitive world of public procurement
Our Expert Procurement Facilitator will cover the entire tender bid process with practical exercises and the hot tips to make you win big.
Apart from training, we also offer procurement consultancy services to corporate organizations in Uganda. we also support SMEs to prepare winning tender bids by writing responsive proposals. Our procurement consultants are professionals with experience and competency to provide professional or expert advice in procurement. The overall impact of our consulting services is that our clients have access to deeper levels of expertise than would be feasible for them to retain in-house.
We also offer a full Suite of Professional Consulting Services in Key areas including; Training | Recruitment | Research | Motivational Career Advice | Team Building | Procurement Consultancy | Capacity Building | HR Surveys | Company Registration | Employment Laws | Strategy Development | Workplace Registration, and Business Planning