Training on Finance for Non Finance Managers is an accounting course for managers who would need knowledge of bookkeeping and financial accounting.
All your managers and staff need to understand key financial concepts, and the language of accountants if they are to play an active role in business. This training for non-financial executives, directors, and managers at all levels will give you a practical working knowledge of finance
In modern times, successful organizations empower all their non-financial executives, directors, and managers at all levels with practical working knowledge of finance.
This training demystifies the language of finance to enable managers to contribute more effectively to organizational or business performance and talk more easily to financial colleagues.
The course enables delegates to understand key accounting concepts and improve forecasting and cost management skills.
This practical three-day course will help managers develop their financial knowledge, understand how their decisions affect an organization’s financial performance and improve their organization’s financial performance.
We will clarify the jargon and empower your team to understand financial management and accounting processes and communicate better with staff in the finance department.
The course is suitable for:
Top Management, Senior Managers, Project staff, Line Managers, Supervisors, Aspiring Managers, or Experienced Managers. Any other staff seeking an understanding of finance and how to enable an organization to realize its objectives.
WHAT WILL YOU ACHIEVE?
By the end of the Finance for the Non-Finance managers’ course, the participants will:
- understand basic financial documents used in an organization
- interpret the information in these documents, and use it to manage day-to-day organization activity
- support the departments in developing budgets, make informed budgeting decisions and plans in their respective units
- utilize modern methods of cost control, budgeting, and forecasting to help reduce costs for the organization
- effectively communicate financial information to business partners giving their input in analysis and ratios.
- keep records so that they can work effectively and remain compliant.
- understand and analyze Balance Sheets and Income & Expenditure Accounts for key issues and financial Strengths and Weaknesses
- analyze, understand and manage their Income and Expenditure accounts more effectively
- use internal Management Accounts to monitor and improve performance against Budget
- recognize areas of concern and recommend ideas for improving financial performance and productivity
- feel much more confident about their understanding of financial terms and jargon
The training shall be conducted for two (3) days as follows:
Module 1: An Overview of The Key Financial Principles & Concepts
Module 2: The Balance Sheet
- Understanding different Assets and Liabilities
- About Fixed Assets
- Current Assets – what they are and how to improve
- Current Liabilities – what they are and how to improve them
Module 3: How to Interpret Accounts, Profit and Loss Statements
- The key components of the Income and Expenditure Account
- Analyzing Key ratios and trends
- Managing different types of Costs and their behavior
- Analyzing income streams
- Improving Profitability and Productivity
- Profit/Surplus and Cash flow are different things!
Module 4: Management Accounts
- What Management Accounts should tell us
- How these figures contribute to overall performance
- Managing the cash flow as well as the costs
- Managing variances and making any necessary improvement
- Understanding cost management and monitoring.
- Identifying key business drivers.
- Follow up on the revenue expectations of their departments
Module 5: Using Ratios to Benchmark Our Performance
- How to use the key ratios to benchmark our performance
- Recognizing areas where performance is slipping and which need management attention
- Generating ideas to improve financial performance, including people’s productivity
- Identifying and investing more in high performing assets and activities
- Identifying and improving underperforming assets and costs
Module 6: Moving from Analysis to Forecasting (Budget, Forecasting & Control)
- The principles of Forecasting and Budgeting
- Revenue Budgets
- The strengths and problems of traditional budgeting methods
- 2 other approaches which can complement and improve traditional budgeting methods
- Budgeting for Projects – how to do a Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Capital expenditure
- Where budgeting can go wrong and how to avoid the principal problems
Personal Take Out: Each Person Will Have an Opportunity to Share an Action Plan:
- What they are taking away from the training
- What specifically they know they will use
- Where they will practice, and when
Finance for Non-Financial Managers training in Uganda ai for anyone needing a basic understanding of business finance, which explains the language and basic accounting concepts used by those in finance. Non-finance professionals at all levels need to develop an understanding of business finance.
This Finance for Non-Financial Managers training will highlight the meaning and usage of Profit and Loss Accounts Income and Expenditure Accounts, Accruals Account, Communicating Effectively with Finance Professionals, Analyzing Trends in Financial Flows, Reading Balance Sheets and Constructing a Cash Flow Statement
Are you a Non-Finance Executive struggling to understand Financial Language? Our training will help you to you understand accounting and financial matters revolving around Sales, Purchases, Asset Acquisitions, Fundraising.
Your managers will then be able to take better decisions in your organization. Are you aware that Ignorance in Finance Management will turn out to be a costly affair and business may not even exist to repent about it? It’s time you work on improving the knowledge of your team.
FEES AND DISCOUNTS
USD 328, or UGX 1,190,000 per participant to cover tuition, certificate, workshop facilities, workshop tools, templates & brochures, lunch, am & pm teas, and follow-up for each participant. Send 5 Nominees and get a 15% Discount.
Book this training through a call or email to; firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 0700801771 | Houston Executive Consulting Ltd | Plot 4254 Magambo Road, Mulangira Close, Ntinda, Kampala | Website: www.heconsulting.us