Robert Mwesige is the Learning & Development Specialist and Chief Talent Officer at Houston Executive Consulting.
As a Human Resource Consultant in Uganda, Robert Mwesige Can Perform A Series of HR Activities Involved in The Organization, Including Human Resource Planning, Recruitment, and Selection, Performance Management, Training, and Development, Pay and Reward, Employment Relations.
He helps you to attract, develop and maintain an effective workforce to help your organization achieve its business objectives.
Robert will work with you to attract, retain and create a conducive working environment for effective utilization of employees. His principal role as an HR consultant is to help a business develop a productive and efficient HR department, through the maximization of its HR endeavors.
What Does Robert Do in An HR Consultant Capacity?
He is responsible for anticipating any issues within an organization’s HR function and finding ways to remedy them. He plans and provides advice across the business through several training sessions.
His responsibilities as an HR consultant include:
- Advising management on human resources plans and processes
- Analyzing the organization’s current HR programs and suggesting solutions to existing problems
- Developing, reviewing, and applying legally sound HR policies and procedures where necessary
- Ensuring HR agendas are aligned with the labour legislation of the relevant country
- Formulating and retaining HR related reports
- Conducting HR Audit activities to ensure compliance
- Creating and delivering HR-related training sessions
Skills and Competencies
Robert Mwesige is proficient in:
- Communication and personal skills
- Leading, managing, and influencing other members of the team and employees across the business
- Formulating business plans
- Communicating with employees and clients at all levels. Understanding the specific needs of those in question and implementing solutions where applicable
- Relationship building with employees and clients
- Working with HR systems and IT programs, i.e. payroll, work, Microsoft excel for HR & Payroll Management
Robert Mwesige is one of Uganda’s Training Consultants and a Certified Trainer of the International Labour Organization (ILO), a Financial Literacy Trainer of Bank of Uganda (BOU), and a Certified Google Digital Marketing and SEO Consultant.
He has a wealth of transferable skills to support organizations with the most current learning & development solutions for their employees. He also specializes in Recruitment, Selection & Resourcing Talent to give clients exceptional staff.
He delivers learning and development which is specifically focused on helping staff learn new skills so they’re motivated and productive at work & to help support their colleagues or teams.
He focuses on supporting, developing, and accelerating learning to build an agile and responsive team with the capability they need to execute their chosen strategy.
He is also a Business Management Consultant in Planning, Digital Strategy and Internet Marketing, Business Strategy, and Leadership Coaching.
He has experience delivering training or consulting engagements for many leading organizations throughout Uganda & Rwanda. Robert has published more than 30 articles as the chief copywriter of the blog at Houston Executive Consulting.
He writes about Business, Human Resource Management and Organizational Development, Workplace Health Safety Security, and Environment (HSSE), Financial Literacy, Management Topics, Learning and Development, and Management Consultancy. Robert is also an SEO and Digital Marketing Consultant at Geotech ICT Consulting – Uganda.
In his role as the Learning and Development Specialist, Robert Mwesige is responsible for the following tasks at Houston Executive Consulting;
- Carrying out capability assessments across the organization
- Designing blended learning solutions
- Using digital tools to create flexible and innovative learning programs
- Applying adult learning theories to ensure employees get the best out of their development
- Designing a range of learning interventions, including technical, behavioral, and leadership programs
- Driving a culture of continuous professional development (CPD)
- Facilitating learning interventions
- Creating a coaching culture in the organization
- Monitoring how effectively learning has been transferred to employees
- Organizing and conducting successful training programs for our clients
- Designing Learning interventions for our open workshops and training events
- Designing and delivering online learning on our digital learning platform
- Working with clients to tailor training programs to address their specific skills gaps
- Conducting training needs analysis to make the necessary recommendations on the learning and development intervention
Robert Mwesige – Chief Talent Officer Roles, and Responsibilities
- Management of the employees – encouraging optimum contribution from the employees and consultants towards the success of the company
- Management of the administration of processes concerning hiring, rewarding, training, evaluation, promotion, etc
- Management of strategic human resources – synchronizing HR strategies with the broader business strategy
- He is also responsible for the management of transformation and change – adding value by assisting in identifying and implementing change processes.
How He Can Help Your Organization
- He can define the current and future capability needs of the organization and how they drive the learning strategy
- Predicts the future trends in adult learning and motivation, and how to use them to shape the learning strategy, culture, and environment
- He can help you how to use face-to-face learning as part of the learning strategy to create value for your organization
- He can support your organization to use current and future digital technologies as part of the learning strategy to create value for your organization
- He can design learning facilitation methods that will support the learning strategy
- He can determine the use of social collaborative learning for organizational learning, knowledge sharing, and knowledge management
Robert Holds A First Class Honors Degree In International Development Studies From KYU, Kampala.